Join Our Team!
Part-Time Volunteer Coordinator
You are a motivator who is also equipped in the digital world. You are a self-starter who is independently productive, but who also functions well as a team player on a small, but mighty team. To add to A Beautiful Me’s work culture, you are flexible, relationship-focused and confident in making a positive impact.
You are a communicator with experience in crafting professional correspondence. You easily develop systems to create efficiencies and to enhance productivity. You communicate your ideas clearly and help others see assignments and projects through to fruition. You are dependable and reliable, yet flexible — you can easily shift gears to respond to the ever-changing needs of a rapidly-growing organization.
You are resourceful and relationship focused. You maintain excellent records of contacts, meetings and communications and work to foster the warm, genuine, supportive and empowering environment that A Beautiful Me represents.
You are passionate and caring and you deeply want to have a positive impact on the world. You have a voice, a listening ear, a great sense of humor, and can flourish in an active work environment with others who work hard, laugh a lot, and commit to make the world better for girls.
You will play a critical role in the enhancement of staff support through our volunteers.
Part-Time Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Serve as the first point of contact for volunteer inquiries and new volunteers to A Beautiful Me, both in-person and online
• Process new digital volunteer applications
• Plan for volunteer opportunities
• Provide eNews communications 1-2x per month
• Build relationships with volunteers and empower them
• Coordinate volunteer training and annual “gratitude” event
• Support A Beautiful Me staff by understanding any volunteer needs
• Comfortable and conversational on the phone and in-person.
• Highly organized, results-oriented & committed to customer service.
• Exhibits professionalism, optimism, energy, and enthusiasm; thrives in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
• Proficient using technology, such as Google Drive, Google Suites, SignUp Genius. Bonus points if you have worked with a CRM, such as Network For Good or Salesforce.
• Ability and willingness to work some evenings and weekends as required by events.
• This position will require some local travel for programs & events in St. Clair and Macomb Counties. Valid driver’s license & reliable transportation are required.
• Committed to the mission of A Beautiful Me.
How To Apply For This Position:
Let us know why you are a great fit for this job. We want to know about you, your education background, your relevant experiences and your passion for our work — beyond what is listed on your resume!
Please send your resume and a cover letter describing why you’d be a great fit for A Beautiful Me to Hello@ABeautifulMe.com with Volunteer Coordinator in the subject.
About A Beautiful Me
A Beautiful Me is a 501c3 non-profit organization that is focused on fostering self-worth in ALL women of ALL ages. Our mission is to create better communities, one person at a time. Female participants in every stage of life will thrive personally and professionally through confidence building workshops, innovative programs, and special events. We have delivered outcome-based workshops and have reached over 10,000 girls through programming since 2008.
The A Beautiful Me staff operates as a team. We are committed to what it takes to fulfill the mission of the organization, for the betterment of girls. Each individual’s actions and responsibility lends itself to the collective good.
We are social entrepreneurs — we innovate, hustle and collaborate to accomplish social change.